FYCS GRADUATE RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship program is to support graduate students who are pursuing a research career through enrollment in the Ph.D. in Youth Development and Family Sciences in the Department of Family, Youth & Community Sciences in CALS/IFAS at the University of Florida. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full-time at UF during the semesters during which they receive awards.
Applicants must have their dissertation proposal approved by their committee prior to applying for the scholarship.
Graduate research scholarship applications are evaluated by an FYCS graduate faculty committee and scored on the following:
- Quality of research abstract and dissertation proposal
- Scholastic achievements, honors and awards
- Scholarship in discipline (publications, posters and presentations, for example)
- Letters of recommendation
- Academic performance
- Leadership activities, including service to department, college, UF or professional societies
Awards are made based on individual fund criteria and availability of funds. The fund will support a limited number of scholarships annually, each with an award of $1,000 toward UF fees and/or tuition for dissertation credit hours. Recipients of the awards will be designated FYCS Scholars.