Undergraduate Honors Program
The Department of Family, Youth and Community Sciences is part of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, and the honors requirements are those of the college as well as our department:
- Cum Laude (Honors) - Need a minimum of a 3.5 upper division GPA upon graduation (so including your final semester’s grades). There are no additional requirements to graduate Cum Laude, and it will happen automatically if you have the appropriate GPA upon graduation.
- Magna Cum Laude (High Honors) - Need a minimum of 3.75 upper division GPA as well as successful completion of an honors thesis based on research and meeting all requirements associated with submission of the thesis.
- Summa Cum Laude (Highest Honors) - Need a minimum of 3.85 upper division GPA as well as successful completion of an honors thesis based on research and meeting all requirements associated with submission of the thesis.
For more information Contact:
FYCS Honors Coordinator:
Dr. Kelly Moore
G-081 McCarty Hall B
- Honors Thesis Information for FYCS Faculty
- Honors Thesis Information for FYCS Students
- Participating FYC Faculty Mentor List
- Sample FYCS Honors Contract
- CALS Honors Program
- Guide to FYC Honors
- Honors Contract Information
- Honors Contract Form
- Honor Thesis Scoring
- Dean's List
- University Scholars Program
Recently Published Honors thesis:
Sajeeda Khan-Woehle, Victor W. Harris, PhD, Larry F. Forthun, PhD