Nutrition, Food Safety, and Health
Making positive lifestyle choices that promote health and fitness and reduce lifestyle-related health risks is important for people of all ages. On the FYCS website you will find information and resources in the broad area of Nutrition, Food Safety, and Health, provided by University of Florida Extension. Some topics covered are:
- nutrients needed throughout the lifespan,
- feeding young children,
- MyPlate (USDA’s guide for healthy eating),
- healthy cooking strategies,
- physical activity,
- keeping your heart healthy,
- healthy aging,
- fall prevention,
- diabetes prevention and management,
- keeping food safe, and
- home food preservation (canning, freezing and drying).
We also provide links to reliable websites for additional information and resources. In addition to consumer publications, Extension offers many educational programs that address these issues through local Extension offices; check your Extension office to see which programs are available in your area: http://solutionsforyourlife.ufl.edu/map.